• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 inch long arm with 33's

Speedbump96

NAXJA Forum User
alright right now im 4.5 lift with 4.56 im looking to lift my jeep to 6 inch but im thinking 6 inch lift with 33's wont look that good anyone have any pics of there jeep with 6 inches of lift with 33's

This is my wifes with a 4" lift and 32's..With bumpstops and small trimming you can fit 33's easy..
frontview.jpg

If i bump stopped hers now i could fit 33's

You can search 33s in the Jeep Picture Showcase or search for 33s on xjdb.com

im thinking 6 inch lift with 33's wont look that good

It won't. It'll look pretty dumb IMO
6" is too much for 35s... 33s are gonna look like crap

Here's Kiefer's rig on 6" and 35s, he wants to go lower...
65998_449001998605_711773605_5110833_249558_n.jpg

if you plan on keeping your factory flairs for 33s then 6" of lift may be alright. bumpstop it to keep the tires out of the wheel wells and get shocks to maximize droop. youll have fun.

but if its a trail rig and your willing to cut some sheet metal, drop it down to 4" or so. youll have more fun.

yeah i wanna be able to hit the claws up in jv and most people say u need about 6 inchs with 35's but i wanted to see what 6 looked like with 33's and what is the bad part about stepping up to 6 inches of lift

It won't. It'll look pretty dumb IMO
6" is too much for 35s... 33s are gonna look like crap

Here's Kiefer's rig on 6" and 35s, he wants to go lower...
65998_449001998605_711773605_5110833_249558_n.jpg

that rig has also had the flares taken off and wheel wells cut so 35s dont really look good on that rig either in my opinon

no problem man. like someone said, go have a look at the jeepspeed rigs. theyre all at about the same height and tire size as i am. so it must work pretty well IMO. its all in how the rig is used though. i value uptravel and have no need for 35's. thats why mine is setup the way it is. who cares how it LOOKS? its all about what YOU want and what YOU use it for, not what some guys on the interwebz think you should do to it.

Here is mine. 33's, 5.5 RE ZJ coils, RC 4.5 leaf packs and JKS shackles. Sits about 6" or so. I have plenty of room for 35 if I bump stopped a little more. Just don't have the need for 35's yet.
DSC16228.jpg

Last edited:
mine at 6 i believe and bfg 33s, and my largely trimmed fenders up front. im not bump stopped so i do go all the way up there. on the hunt for 35s because i think the 33s look small
062.jpg

I run 33s and 6" of lift and have run Claw many times. In my opinion, I like it where its at. If I went lower, JV would bash up my rockers and undercarriage much more.

GF2010_0688.jpg

GF2010_0681.jpg

ClawJV1107_0200.jpg

stage2+_7_.jpg

Whoever is saying 6 inches on 33s looks bad is just being ridiculous. If YOU want the up travel then build YOUR rig for that type of wheelin. I personally love being able to stuff my tires all the way into the fenders. Why spend the money on coils, shocks, and a long arm kit if your just going to limit its potential by throwing 5 inch bump stops in?... In some cases and really alot of them, more uptravel can be more stable than excessive down travel.

Just my .02

Back