• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help tracking down clicking and vibrations!!!

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
What can cause a very bad vibration when I am driving on the freeway at 50-60? It gets even worse when I am going down a hill. I also have a clicking sound when I hit the gas and when I let off the gas and I don’t know what that is from.

I have a 1990 xj with a 4.0 in it. I have a vacuum disconnect in the front but I have replaced the hubs, all the bushings when I did a 3 inch procomp lift and have 31’s on it. I also changed the motor mounts to the brown dog mounts that are poly urethane and did a rugged ridge one ton steering. Oh and I did the transfer case drop kit.

Can the vibs come from the gears in the front if i put the end caps in upside down or on the wrong sides?

Can the click come from bad U-joints in the drive shaft?

What can I check to fix these annoying ass problems in the front end? Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Start by inspecting the u-joints in the drive shafts and the axle shafts.

Back