• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring help, blower motor inop

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
Chasing down a wiring gremlin in my '89 MJ 2.5L, trying to diagnose an inoperable heater blower. I've had the blower motor out and it works fine when 12v is applied. Here's my ref material:

POSTING OF LINKS TO MATERIALS THAT ARE POSSIBLY COPYRIGHTED IS A VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES

I tested the positive lead to the blower at the blower and it showed around .7v and I tested the ground at the same location and it seemed fine. I jumped straight to the fuse panel beneath the dash and tested the blower feed. .7v at this location as well. I tested the two other items on the same circuit and the radio feed tested at .7v and the turn/BU feed tested fine at 12.5v.

Any ideas as to why I'd have 2 different voltages between the 3 items on the same circuit?

I'm not very experienced diagnosing electrical problems so all help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like there is a bad connection between the two spots you got a different voltage from.

FYI, you want to take that link down ASAP; taking it down yourself before a mod does it for you will likely save you a lot of grief since piracy is somewhat frowned upon here.

Not my domain, not my concern. Thanks for shedding some light on the bad connection but really looking for somebody who has seen this problem before or fixed it.

Can the fuse box be disassembled?

There are a couple links at the bottom of this page to similar topics. Have you verified that the switch is working, and the resistor pack isn't crapped out? It's a pretty common (and overlooked) failure.

Jim www.yuccaman.com/jeep

There are a couple links at the bottom of this page to similar topics. Have you verified that the switch is working, and the resistor pack isn't crapped out? It's a pretty common (and overlooked) failure.

Jim www.yuccaman.com/jeep

The resistor pack is not used on HI speed, so it takes that variable out I believe. I haven't tested the switch yet but I'm working upstream of the switch at this point. Thanks for the link, looking now.

Back