• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock fan question

the mechanical fan is very powerful. Opinions vary, but most figure on an e-fan that will pull 3000CFM to replace the mechanical fan. A second stock fan is NOT going to get the job done. Do a search for taurus fan, tons of info on the conversion using junkyard fans.

It depends on the engine temp. The clutch engages orogressively as the temp rises. With the engine hot and the fan clutch fully engaged my guess is it pulls about 1100 CFM at idle.

Believe it or not, the stock location e-fan is sufficient enough for my 2wd ax15 4.6 w/ stock pos plastic ends radiator in <100* temps in the DC metro area. I have a 2nd e-fan in there on an adjustable temp switch, but do not need it, nor rely on it(I will wire it up to the other one whenever I get around to upgrading my mains). I can't speak for a heavier XJ w/ AW4 that needs cooling, but I'd be willing to bet that 2 97+ 10-blade efans are more than sufficient to do the job.

A second stock fan is NOT going to get the job done.

Does just fine on our desert racer, and I guarantee we are putting a lot more load on the cooling system than you are.

2 stock electric fans + 2 core radiator works just fine.

Back