• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaf spring removal woes!!!!!

Loyd

NAXJA Forum User
So I finally got ready to install my RC 3in lift on my 98. all was going fine untill i tried to remove the front leaf spring bolt on the right side. soaked all fasteners and bolts last night and had no issues till now. it seems that the welded nut in the frame has broken loose and is turning with the bolt. does any one know of a quick fix. the only thing i can come up with is cut the bolt between the spring and frame and then cut a hole in the inside of the frame box to put a new nut and bolt in. any thoughts,comments, or ideas are appreciated!!!

I would say look in some of the threads on the bottom of this page, they are similar threads and may have some answers you are looking for.

What people in the past have done is cut a small rectangular hole out on the bottom side to be able to get a open ended wrench in to hold the nut still.

its goin ok, just wish i would've just fired up the torch to start with would have been way easier. gotta head to work, maybe i'll get to finish it up tomorrow.

Back