• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

feeler: toys for tots I.E.

91blackbox

NAXJA Forum User
i wanted to see if any of the local guys in the i.e would like to get together and do a trail run and gather some toys together for the toys for tots toy drive happening in redlands... if there is enough interest i was thinking we would run cleghorn to keep it open for stockers as well...

Also the socal chapter does a toys for tots collection and donation with the christmas party. Which um ha not even been started yet hmm. But either way if you do cleg I'm in for a few toys and some wheelin

Peace
Ted

thanks ted.. this isnt an official naxja deal its just so a group of guys can help kids..

not a for sure deal yet.... waiting to see if there is more interest....

This sounds like a nice idea for chidren that have very little or nothing at all. I'm in to help out and to meet some fellow jeepers.

again this isnt a naxja sanctioned event i just heard that there was a drive going on in redlands so i figured what the heck... jeepers are family people lets see what we can do.... i have two kids and i could only imagine what some of these families are going through.... i was there... so lets set a date!!!

any ideas???

we have to have them dropped off at the collection center at mission commons retirement center by the 19th of dec so lets get this goin and help our people out there

not wrapped and at least a $10 toy.. boys or girls....

the 4th doesnt work
the 11th is a takin so how about the 18th and i'll take them to the drop point after the run.

sound good??

i would like to see more people

18th is good for me what time and were to meet? I hope more people join in this drive . I know some others that would maybe be interested in this toy drive. I'll ask them.

i'll start a new thread in a bit... this doesnt have to be just naxja guys or just jeep guys.. everyone come... this is for the kids not for us... i just found out that the local church by me is also taking collections so i may just dropp off there... i'll swing by and talk to them tomorrow...

Sounds good. My wife and I also do this for Samaritan's Purse. I have a child and my wife has one to shop for and they supply the Christmas shoe box. I would like to see the look on the kids face when they open it up on Christmas day. Really cool idea you have here 91Blackbox.

thanks.. i have had it hard for the last couple years but i always make christmas a special thing for my two boys.. if it wasnt for my parents my kids wouldn't have the rocking christmases they get... it just makes me sad to think that there are kids out there who's parents have had it rough in todays economy and have takin a hit .. so now these children dont get the cool stuff the neighbor got or get that new toy they wanted... so that s why i decided i would do this... i know its the day before the donation deadline but hey at least its there right.

If you can come get them, I can give you several hundred books. They are Winnie the Pooh books and there are 4 titles. I also have some stuffed eeyore dolls (maybe a dozen or so).

Back