• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Advice!!

JayBirdsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ that i just put a 3" lift on, ever since i put the lift on the rear end has been making a noise when i let it slow down on it's own like the tires are rubbing, but there's no rub and also when i brake there is a knocking noise from the rear left side tire. Any advice on what this could be? I plan on taking the tires off this weekend and taking a look at the rotors and breaks but i need quick advice since i have a long road trip on tuesday. Thanks.

tires rubbing on leaf springs? (possible with stock backspacing. you didnt say what wheels/tires)

lug nuts tight?

sorry im not much "technical" help, but check the basics.

all your problems seem to be expressed in the rear. the rear doesnt have rotors (stock).

Did you do a transfer case drop, or a slip yoke eliminator? If not, you most likely have driveline vibes.

Its the drive line. When there is no load on the drive line its free to basically rattle around. I'm betting it happens worse when you are going faster. You need to measure your pinion angle and compare that to your tail shaft angle to be to know what you need. How ever most people just put those stupid t case drops and that seams to work. But you do loose ground clearance and make your front drive shaft angle worse.

Back