• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cv driveshaft with SYE?

00'CherokeeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Do i have to get a CV drive shaft when I put in my JB conversions HD SYE? I know it is preferred but do you absolutely have to have it. P.S. I'm putting in a 4.5'' Long arm lift.

you need a shaft that has a telescoping joint in it (like the front driveshaft does), I don't know about a CV jointed shaft per say, but a double cardon joint (like the front shaft has at the tcase) is an absolute must. The whole purpose of the SYE is to eliminate the slip yoke end of the driveshaft.

at 4.5" you can use a modified front driveshaft for awhile, depending on the wheeling you do it should hold up at least until you can afford to have a heavier duty one made. If your SYE kit has a flat flange as the rear output of the tcase you will need to replace the part of the front driveshaft that bolts to the tcase with a spicer flange, I can't remember the part number but some searching around here will dig it up - that's how I found it when I did mine. If your SYE kit has a standard yoke though like the front output of the tcase then you may be able to just bolt it up and go.

Do i have to get a CV drive shaft when I put in my JB conversions HD SYE? I know it is preferred but do you absolutely have to have it. P.S. I'm putting in a 4.5'' Long arm lift.

Yes, the whole point of doing the SYE is to remove the existing driveshaft and put in a CV (double-cardan) driveshaft. Check out the FAQs and read up on the SYE thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101244

Ah ok alright thanks guys, im just trying to find ways to keep my build prices down but i guess ill have to save in other areas and not here.

Back