• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jk AXLES

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy is swappin d60s into his j/k rubicon, His olD axles are for sale for cheap, Can these be made to fit a xj? I now the rear will need perches, etc. and the front will require new bracketry. But what about driveshafts and making the factory electric lockers functional? It it really feasible?

Try searching the NAXJA chapters. There was someone who had a build thread doing this. I cant remember who.

The Factory Locker I think just takes a regular 12v source. Also, I think you can use the stock upper control arm mounts too.(Not that you would want too)

Things needed for the swap would be:

-adapting driveshafts (don't JK's have flanged joints?)
-brackets (link mounts, track bar, leafs, shocks)
-adapting brake lines
-ebrake, if you so choose (I would)
-wiring for the lockers
-new wheels (JK's aren't 5x4.5)

Totally doable, if you're willing to put the time and $ into it.

why exactly did your buddy buy a rubicon? And you can run 38's on those axles, so whats he doing with his JK?!

why exactly did your buddy buy a rubicon? And you can run 38's on those axles, so whats he doing with his JK?!
He decided to do bigger, he has that offroad evolution double throwdown cantilever kit, he was on the jk experience trip- red rubi

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. He sellin it all for $500 bucks, including the complete jk 4" rubicon kit. Not that it'll be much use. This would be for my cousins jeep. He's doing a 4bt swap too

If you have the cash to spare, I'd buy that for full price without a moment of hesitation.

500 is a steal for a pair of 44's with air lockers, buy them

Yep that Squirrel guy did exactly that. JK Rubi axles in an XJ. They have been heavily abused and my only problem was a factory locker actuator going bad. I did the swap from day 1 so the bolt pattern was not an issue. I wheel with guys on 40s all the time so those axles see some action. Let me know if you have any specific questions. there is a lot of stuff to get working together, but everything works great and I even have the E-brake connected.

Back