• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Niagara Falls, Oct. 2010

jakeWI

NAXJA Forum User
This took a couple weeks...haha...but I am finally uploading images from a trip I took with my girlfriend to Niagara Falls, NY back in October. I was supposed to start my new job and it then got pushed back a week so I decided to take off.

Niagara Falls was a sight! We did "maid of the mist", "hurricane bridge", ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and stayed at a nice little cabin for the four day weekend. The way there, we took the way into Canada and over. On the way back we took the state side drive.

I have a bunch of HDR's to do, but hope this gets you by for a bit.

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Found the end of the rainbow as well. There is no damn pot of gold so get over it!
IMG_4269.jpg

Nice pics Jake. I still would like to get up there that way and see this.

Swampman is a local on the Canadian side.. says he has some decent camping and an awesome fishing location within view of the falls. That would be a good time..

Yeah it would John. My girlfriend and I were going to camp, but then I just decided it was going to be cold, short weekend, and I just wanted to get away and relax. It was def. worth the drive though!

i would have dove in to find the gold :D

nice picks Jake that's on the to do list defiantly

IMG_4269.jpg

this is my fishing spot , that little bay is awsome, we usually fish on the rocks right at the very left of the bay , the best time is now ! and after dark,, it is really cool when the lights are on the falls, i used to live 10 mins from this spot, now i am on the other side of town

awesome. i wish I could have fished there while I was there. If I had my XJ and knew you were close, I would have hit you up on the phone.

Bryan, where the hell you been hiding? Just mentioned to Doug that i was worried you got lost at a JK site and forgot about us.

You may have sold the XJ but your still welcome round these parts.. eh.

im still here john, missing my xj,, hows the health ?

late sept to oct we hike down to the bay just before dark, depending how cold it is the hydro station diverts the water and the water level will drop 10 to 12 feet in an hour , catching monster salmon 15 to 20 lbs is average , the largest i have caught was 36 lbs, the big ones just destroy your line and equipment, i have seen more than one fishing rod snap into pieces,,, you not only have to fight the fish but you are also fighting the current and slippery ,greasy, rocks,, one slip and you are toast,

my dad used to fish off the maid of the mist boat with my grandfather, long time ago,
i havnt had time to go this year, and now the snow is startin to fly so i doubt very much i will get down there .. too bad its a great spot

as you may or may not know there are a lot of people that commit suicide by jumping over the falls,, that little bay is where a lot of the bodies wash up,, buddy and i thought we saw a body once, tried to snag it, im kinda glad we didnt,

Back