• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Cherokee Lift, Wheel and Tire Questions

rebeltruce

NAXJA Forum User
May have done this ass backwards but I bought the following and have some questions about wheels and tires.

I read back through the first 50 pages or so and didn't find answers that were specific enough (maybe I just didn't understand the terminology) at any rate hoping to get a simple answers for what could be complex questions.

This is mostly all for looks, no real plans to wheel on a regular basis....maybe a few times a year, this is my DD.

What I bought:

4.5 Rough Country Lift with rear Springs Upgraded to Nitro Shocks
Rough Country performance Steering Stabilizer
Rough Country control Arm Relocation Kit

I'd like to go with 32X11.50 Tires, that is what Rough Country recommends.

Will these will fit without any fender or wheel well mods on 15X8 Rims?

The rims I am looking at are Pro Comp 7069's, says they are made for Cherokees, So I assume they are pretty much a stock replacement so far as back spacing, maybe a little wider. Do I need to be concerned about back spacing?

I want a combination of 32X11.50 Tires and 15X8 rims, so will this work without having to trim....

Thanks!

All your ideas seem like they will meld together into one nice street/occassional wheeler. I say go for it. One thing though. Make sure you get enough backspacing on the wheels you are ordering. I have 4in. backspacing on 15x8rims. Plenty of spacing to not hit the inner fenderwells when flexing. Also gives me lots of room when turning the wheels lock to lock. On the other hand though, I burn through hub assembly bearings. Because now my leverage point is alot further outside of the axle. So what I would do if I were making the choice is to get some rims with backspacing at about 5in. or at max 4.5in.

Just so you know I have the RC 4.5" kit and with lots of trimming I can run 35's on it. RC gives you tons of lift with their kits.

Also their shocks are pretty rough. You might plan on getting some higher quality shocks in the future. I replaced mine with the Rancho 9000's and it made a huge difference in how it rides. Well worth the money.

I have that same kit and 32x11.5 KM2's and i rubbed pretty bad in the back when flexed out but not at all in the front until i disconnected my swaybar then rubbed in the front and even worse in the back until i trimmed.

Thanks for the replys.....I've decided to go with 16X8 Cragar Soft 8's and BFG AT's 33X12.50

I also found out that a friend of a friend happens to own the local Off Road Shop, and they'll be doing all the work for a real bargain price. Dropped the Jeep off this morning and will be picking it up tomorrow after noon.

They will take care of any trimming if needed........

nice choice with going with 33s and a 4.5" lift. I wouldnt go any smaller than that. and trimming can look very good if done right

I run RC's 4.5" long arm and 32's with no trimming and I rub like mad. I got 5" of bumpstops up front and about 7" in the back just to keep the fender flares on.

Well she's done...I'm very happy with the way the Jeep turned out. The only rubbing is at full lock, and it is very minor.

The front flares had to have a very small notch trimmed near the front bottom, the shop did an excellent job and unless you are right on top of it looking for it you can't tell.

I notice very little difference in the ride, she might be a little stiffer, but that doesn't really matter to me it's a Jeep!

One note regarding the Rough Country 4.5 lift w/full rear springs.....the shop had some trouble getting the new rear springs in. So much so that the shop owner had to call Rough Country. According to the Owner of Rough Country they had a run of XJ rear springs that were bent a little tighter than normal.

They caught most of them before they were sold and corrected the bend. Mine did not get the fix....so my ass end is a little less than an inch higher then the front (I don't even notice it) Rough Country says they will settle.....

I ran the Jeep up onto a dirt pile in the yard to flex it a bit and all seems to be well.....no rubbing anywhere other than what I mentioned.

JEEP.jpg

JEEP2.jpg

No SYE....Only theTransfer Drop that came with the lift....

Other then riding higher, and having to jump a bit to get into the thing now...I've had no issues at all.....I can drive down the road with one finger on the steering wheel.

No vibes, no funny noises at all....

No SYE....Only theTransfer Drop that came with the lift....

Other then riding higher, and having to jump a bit to get into the thing now...I've had no issues at all.....I can drive down the road with one finger on the steering wheel.

No vibes, no funny noises at all....

make sure your wallet is in the right rear pocket (passenger side lol). I learned this the hard way. When lifting a cherokee over 4", it causes the pocket of your pants to rip if you keep your wallet in the driver's side (left) rear pocket. All three of my new jeans have the pocket tearing at the corner so I had to put the wallet in the right pocket.

Back