• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear main seal replacement help!!

91blackbox

NAXJA Forum User
ok she's been seeping for a bit now and today she gave way... so i need to replace her.. i've never done it and would like a secong set of hands and a second brain to be there when i do... any volunteers????

hit me up on p.m. or cell

9-0-9-22-2-0-3-1-0-

ok looks like webdog is gonna come help me tomorrow... i have a laundry list of crap do do besides the seal but that is the main repair tomorrow....

- rear main seal
- front d/s
- rear leafs
- rear shocks
- lengthen front arms
- etc lol

I just did this on mine. you may have more fun since you likely have the paper oil pan gasket. Get yourself a good gasket scraper and a small brass punch to knock the upper seal out.

i have alot of tools at my pops i'm sure we will find everything we need lol .. wanna come help lol you can help swap my leafs lol

Make sure the leak isn't from the rear of the valve cover instead. It runs down and looks exactly the same. It is a ton easier to fix the valve cover than the RMS. Good Luck.

ok so got the rms and oil pan gasket fixed... replaced leafs.... replaced shocks...

didnt get the control arms lengthened but hey i got alot of work done....

big thanks to webdog for coming out and helping....

wrenching.jpg

the hardest was takin the oil pan off... but with an air ratchet its not bad... we can do it but i'm not drivin to l.a. lol

Back