• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mojave Road Trip

HeepSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
So yea...I didn't make it to Goatfest because I did the Mojave Road. :wave:

I just thought people might be interested to see what it's like out there and next time we can get some more NAXJA folks to come.

The Road Strikes Back - Day 1

MR025.jpg

VIDEO OF DAY 1 CLICK HERE

Day 2 is coming!

Last edited:
How long does it take to run the length of it, and what's the worst terrain like?

My friend in LA and I are wanting to take our CJ's out on the first or second weekend in December, I was thinking this could be a fun road, and about halfway between us. Both our CJ's are near stock, so we aren't looking for any really hard obstacles.

I think the best would be a long weekend (3 or more days).

The worst terrain wouldn't be anything a stock CJ or XJ can't handle. My van did it everything in 2wd and didn't get stuck one, but I was careful about my lines.

How long does it take to run the length of it, and what's the worst terrain like?

My friend in LA and I are wanting to take our CJ's out on the first or second weekend in December, I was thinking this could be a fun road, and about halfway between us. Both our CJ's are near stock, so we aren't looking for any really hard obstacles.

2 days on the trail is average. It can be done in one or you could spend a lifetime exploring what is out there. Get a copy of Dennis Casebier's Guide to the Mojave Road

It's about 20 miles between watering holes. Sight seeing stops are closer in between. I would love to do it on a dirtbike with a chase truck or two to haul your camping gear.

A friend (same guy who did Gold Mountain on a dirt bike) was going to bring it to ride the Road, but couldn't make the trip.

It's about 20 miles between watering holes. Sight seeing stops are closer in between. I would love to do it on a dirtbike with a chase truck or two to haul your camping gear.

A friend (same guy who did Gold Mountain on a dirt bike) was going to bring it to ride the Road, but couldn't make the trip.

yeah i was thinking doing like half bikes half trucks or whatever.. i really want to do it now haha

Realize that the Mojave Road traverses the Mohave National Preserve. Only street licensed vehicles are allowed.

Dual sports FTW! :]

very cool, thinking of doing it on a dirt bike maybe... how long between stops is it usually?

The rangers will bust you for sure on a dirt bike. Many parts of the trail are restricted to street legal vehicles. I had some friends that were stopped and told to trailer their quads out last year.

Back