• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flyin out Friday for the Weekend

Wildman89

NAXJA Forum User
Recieved word a few weeks back that my grandfather in upstate NY is going down hill in a hurry. 83 years old and after taking care of my grandmother that has been extremely ill over the past year he has worn himself down so far that he has been diagnosis with pneumonia and now with severe lung cancer and has been given 2 months. They are both in hos pis and being taken care of but he is refusing any further treatment! I have not seen him in over 10 years since they live so far away and now with my families help i get the chance to go see him one last time. (only for the weekend but its better then nothing)

should be good but Thanks Andy!!!!

Have a safe trip, and our prayers and thoughts are with you Rich. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Best of luck to you and the family Rich, you know you can call us if you need anything at all brother.

Sorry about everything that is going on rich...best of wishes, and i hope you have a safe trip...well keep you and your family in our prayers

I have personally watched my grandparents grow ill and pass away. It was very hard for my family and I. My grandparents lived with us when I was a child and helped raise me when my parents went to work. We were very close. When my grandfather was ill and his days were numbered I tried to spend as much time with him as possible. Enjoy your time with him. Our age gap really gave us little in common but the one thing we both shared was all the memories we had together when I was a child. I often would just sit with him and share funny stories I remembered as a kid. I didn't realize how much he enjoyed that until after he passed and my grandmother told me how much he looked forward to my visits. If you have any fond memories with him then take the time to share them with him and let him know how much they meant to you. At his age and pysical situation activities of any kind are not an option his only ability is to remember the good times.

Hey thanks a lot guys i appreciate all of you!!!!! and to bhicks....your life with yur grandparents sounds exactly like my relationship with mine. I will enjoy every last minute i will have with him and miss him when he is gone. Thanks again guys, and to the BSC i know i can count on my brothers in a time of need thanks fellas.

Rich, I'm not sure where in upstate NY you're going, but I'm in the Binghamton area. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I could pick you up from the airport, drop you off, etc. I'll be in Buffalo on Friday, leaving for Death Valley on Saturday afternoon. Just let me know if I can do anything, especially after you go back home, since I may be close.

David Bricker / SYR

Bro i just went through this. last year great grandma (96) passed and this year grandma(74) passed all i can say is hanging with them the last few days was worth a million. nothing eases the pain but that helps bro. Take care bro and when back in town hit me up for those cervesas

Bro i just went through this. last year great grandma (96) passed and this year grandma(74) passed all i can say is hanging with them the last few days was worth a million. nothing eases the pain but that helps bro. Take care bro and when back in town hit me up for those cervesas
Haha for sure man! Thanks to everyone for offering help!

Well i made it back!!!!!Got to spend lots of time with Gramps...WIN!!!!!! he was extremly excited to see me walk in the door. Although he signed an DNR he is taking breathing treatments 2-3 times a day and is on constant oxygen. looks really good for what he is going through and is in a great mood. I will definitely miss him while he is gone. On the brighter side i also got a chance to see the family i havent seen in over 20years. Good times. Thanks again to all who helped me get through this!!!!!!!

Thats really good to here. Glad you were able to spend time with your Grandpa. Also fly back safely. My Granpa is also on oxygen. I need to get up to Norcal soon.

Peace

Back