• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x14.5 tires on XJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you will need new rims. and dont worry, if you dont want to lift it, you dont have to. and if you dont want to trim, you dont have to. the tires will self clearance the fenders.

but in all seriousness, you will have to have some combination of lift and/or trimming to run tires that size.

Dose anyone know what is needed to fit 33X14.50s on a xj with out trimming or preferably no body lift or send pics if you got them.
Thanks

I guarantee that you won't need any body lift at all, it might be tempting but don't do it!

well first off you'll need to lift it and you cant put a body lift on cuz its uni body. and they might fit on the 5.5 but would most likely rub when turning, id recomend around a 7 or 8 if you plan on flexin at all or else ur tires will be eatin the fender lips

7 or 8 inches for 33s? Maybe for 38s.

Bump stops and trim. That's all there is to it. If you don't want to trim the fenders don't put large tires on it. It's as simple at that. Keep your 31's and your fender sheet metal and be happy.

I run 5" and 35s and don't rub anywhere anytime.

im pretty sure hes saying that even with a lift, small tires can rub, let alone 33's. mine did. its not as much about lift as it is bumpstops and trimming

well first off you'll need to lift it and you cant put a body lift on cuz its uni body. and they might fit on the 5.5 but would most likely rub when turning, id recomend around a 7 or 8 if you plan on flexin at all or else ur tires will be eatin the fender lips

since when does more lift clear wider tires? adjust your steering stops, bump stop, and/or trim. max 4.5" lift

i had around 3 in the back of mine with 235s on 15x 8s lots of backspacing and they still rubbed really bad like turning off the road and over a sidewalk they would rub and when flexin they were constantly rubbin
That was simply due to the wheels. You can run 30s on a stock XJ with NO rubbing, and NO cutting.

It all depends on wheel backspacing

5-6 is plenty for 37-39's and you will still get plenty of flex, ya just gotta trim
7 or 8 inches for 33s? Maybe for 38s.
maybee 42's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back