• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hesco HV oil pump question...

JTwthaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to see if anyone else had an issue with their stock oil pressure gauge not cooperating with a high volume pump? I originally installed a melling hv pump and my gauge wouldn't read correctly. Had the motor gone through by another builder, and installed a hesco blueprinted hv pump and the gauge still didn't read correctly. So I plumbed in a mechanical autometer gauge, and it consistently reads 15 psi higher than the stock pump. I know I should probably leave the mechanical gauge in for peace of mind. But, is there a way to remedy the stock gauge issue? Yes, it's all in a '97 4.7L stroker... fun is the best way to describe it!

and expensive...

what do you mean by not reading properly? not at all? too low? too high? doesnt change with RPM? have you changed the pressure sender?

Your gauge must be bad. All it does is read pressure. If it isn't reading correctly it is bad. But to be on the safe side, check the ground strap from the rear of the head on the driver's side to the firewall.

Back