• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing your Dana 30 Eaton E-locker?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing my axle seals right now...as a broken shaft killed my 1.5 year old ones.

I'm at the point where I have everything off and am trying to pull the differential (E-locker)...I've heard it's as simple as putting a pry bar under it and putting some force on it. However I can't get the differential to budge even the slighted amount.

Has anyone removed a Dana 30 E-locker? Any troubles?

Any other ideas on how to remove this bad boy?

Have you tried a towel in the gear mesh yet? When a pry bar wasnt enough I would wedge a towel in there while forcing the yoke to turn and it usually pops it out nicely.
Warning: May ruin your nice shop rag though.....

I might have to try that towel method.

The pry bar isn't working worth a darn for me, it's actually leaving a dent in the housing too.

Awesome, a couple different pieces of rags got it out! Thanks for the idea Dellstopjeep.

Using those 4.88s against themselves was much easier than even attempting to pry it. Now I just hope it wont be a huge PITA to reinstall it all.

Back