• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Someone with Excellent Body Work skills??? Help

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know if its even really fixable...

I had a 1969 firebird in about 7.5-8 condition, about 25K put into it initally then a body strip and complete fixin of all steel, then coated and painted.

Sold it about 2 months ago, and just over a week ago I got a notice of lien for it in the mail. Come to find out that the new owner never registered it, then crashed it, and the impound yard had it for 2 weeks without being able to contact the owner. So they sent the paper work to me.

Come to find out the new owner, a handicap 24yrold millionair that was only buying it to look at and store for an investment for future, decided to drive a 400hp extreme shifting conv, on road race azinas tires in the rain for the first time. He said he crashed in to a honda pilot that had little damage and he didnt remember how much the firebird had. I offered to go get it and fix it (for a good fee of course). I was expecting a new front corner of parts adn a rear 1/4 repair. when they pulled the car out from behind the fence with a forklift on the front just to get it out to us, I was floored..

This is what I got..

IMG00290-20101111-0750.jpg

IMG00291-20101111-0751.jpg

WTF a honda pilot, Yeah right.. I estimate a 40-45mph crash ito a semi stationary object.

The dash on the pass side is pushed in (Dont forget a 69 all steel dash) about 4-6" from his girl friend hitting it. And they both got out and walked away they said. wow..

So anyone here have mad skills and willing to take on a project? I will supply the ALL new front sub frame with all new susp, and such, and a used usable front clip, but need all the swapping done and some firewall work, not much at all, just the booster area a very small bit. but cant tell if the pan/floor is tweeked very bad.

this is what he got about 2 months ago..

UGG

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

I don't know if they'll do it but Foreign Auto Body in Gardena does a lot of customs. Jeff Mohrfeld is the head body and paint guy, and he does some pretty amazing work. Might try giving them a call.. they aren't cheap though. Jeff has been on overhaulin', painted a few cars for Jesse James for SEMA, and they built Buck's "Pussywagon" for Kill Bill.

check em out here. website sucks but if you go in there I'm sure Jeff has pictures of all the cars he's built. They're a customer of mine I dunno if it will get you anywhere but you can tell them the guys from gardena auto parts told you to go over there.

I don't know if they'll do it but Foreign Auto Body in Gardena does a lot of customs. Jeff Mohrfeld is the head body and paint guy, and he does some pretty amazing work. Might try giving them a call.. they aren't cheap though. Jeff has been on overhaulin', painted a few cars for Jesse James for SEMA, and they built Buck's "Pussywagon" for Kill Bill.

check em out here. website sucks but if you go in there I'm sure Jeff has pictures of all the cars he's built. They're a customer of mine I dunno if it will get you anywhere but you can tell them the guys from gardena auto parts told you to go over there.

I figured I would try..

I sent over those two picts in a email and was goign to call em in a min. the email got bonced back and not a good addy. ugg lol..

doh now I just noticed they dont even give thier phone #? just under the address it says phone lol

I had some resto work done on my F100 at Casa De Cadillac in Ventura. What they returned to me was top notch work, and worth every penny.

[
pic11.jpg

[
New-2.jpg

The frame was pulled about 10 inches. With the truck being a uni, there was a lot of grafting body panels together. You have to really look to find any sign of the work they did.

holy sh....

Not super local to you but call up Fountain Valley Bodyworks as they often work on classic cars.

ok found a Russ Ward auto body, they seemed very into helping the car, and didnt focus on money. hoping for the best...

here's the info:

Foreign Auto Body
1843 W Artesia Blvd, Gardena, CA 90247-5255
(310) 516-0345 ‎

dunno about thier website thats the first time ive been to it, sorry

Back