• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission wires question

fleaflicker225

NAXJA Forum User
got a question. i have an '87 Cherokee, 4x4 4spd automatic with the 4.0. i went to the junkyard today to get a new wiring harness for under the hood (everything under the hood). found these two wires (one was white with a black stripe the other was purple with a white stripe) coming from the plug into my ecu leading to the very front of my transmission in separate convoluted tubing than the rest of the wires. there were the same color wires cut and capped right before the plug in the same convoluted tubing as the other wires. when i looked at the other Jeeps, none of them had these wires leading to the front of the transmission but the two wires that were cut and capped on mine were leading into the plug.

the wires on mine were tagged still, like dealer parts. and it looked like a dealer could have possibly installed them.

here's my question: why are they there, and what do they do? was it like an upgrade or was the transmission replaced and the wires had to be added or what?

Back