• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water leaks into cab front and rear

Bigjfb

NAXJA Forum User
Usual suspects?

Water sits in puddle on front passenger floor, little bit in the back near spare, little bit of rust blister forming right above fuel door from the inside

I want to trouble-shoot this before I install my new/used carpeting and interior.

I want to take a garden hose and start snooping with it, is there a better way?

definitely check the seal on the heater blower fan where it passes through the firewall - the rubber gasket dries out and water just run through it into the front passenger floor. I siliconed the entire bottom and half way up each side - not a drop since

Usual suspects?

Water sits in puddle on front passenger floor, little bit in the back near spare, little bit of rust blister forming right above fuel door from the inside

I want to trouble-shoot this before I install my new/used carpeting and interior.

I want to take a garden hose and start snooping with it, is there a better way?

I couldn't bring up joe's link but:

UN-Usual suspects, but still suspects:

1. I chased a leak for a year, I used the hose diagnostic. I had ripped off the rain gutter trim on an errant tree limb so I found that the gutter that usually channels water away from the "wing" window, was channeling water (alot of water) straight flat across the window. It leaked, alot, but just in a 1/16" stream (especially if I parked with the front end downhill). Every time it rained I had a small lake on my P side. In the process I sealed up everything, heater box, wiper cowl, windshield. Still leaked. I saw the little stream on just the right day, the right angle, the same way I parked it every night. I reinstalled the guttter trim, NO more leak...

until

2. I found a bunch of water all along the side of the Jeep BEHIND the drivers seat, under the back seat, and into the cargo area. I read on here that the roof rack mounting screws could leak and the water could flow down the pillars into the Jeep. I unscrewed each screw and filled the hole with black RTV and replaced each screw. It has not leaked for 2 winters, at all.

:confused1

My suggestion is, since you are replacing the carpet, to get it all out (the carpet) and have someone douse your ride with a hose, spend some time during the deluge with a good flashlight (CSI style) to see if you can isolate where the water's getting in.

Last edited:
Back