• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help

Use a jack to hold the tranny in place. Remove the crossmember. Remove the old tranny mount. Replace with new mount. Replace crossmember. Done. It took me about 30 minutes to do mine by myself and John and I about 20 minutes to do his. Super easy fix.
I would be glad to help you, but I don't know where lake hughes is. If you aren't too far and want to drive to my place I would be glad to help you do it, but your gonna probably spend way more time driving then the actual repair will take you to do it alone.

alright cool and its 20 mins from santa clarita...and im a noob so im gonna ask this anyway where would i place the jack to hold it up

Put a block of wood on the jack and then lift it up against the oil pan of the tranny. If you just cram the jack up into the pan itself you may damage the pan. You may also want to buy one of the maintenance manuals from Pepboys or some place. They also have the steps in it with pics.

i have a repair manual already but it doesnt say anything about useing a jack.. thats why i asked because im gonna be doing this by myself and want to make sure i do it right...is there a better place to put the jack instead of on the oil pan because if something does happen to it i wont be able to fix it for awhile

I guess you could prop it up under the t-case but that isn't a flat surface and the jack might want to pop off. The bottom of the tranny pan is flat and will hold the jack in place. If there is another way, then I'm sure someone else will chime in here soon, but that's what I did. As long as you use a 2x4 across the tranny and spread the load you shouldn't damage the tranny. Your not lifting up the vehicle your simply holding the tranny in place so I doesn't drop down when you remove the crossmember.

thanks for all your help got it done...my tranny mount was squished and i dont hear noises goin around corners....now i just got to figure out whats goin on with my rear drive shaft lol

Back