• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

difference in headers

Fowler.Alex

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a head replacement for my cracked 0331 head. I'm looking at the #0630 head for reliability. I know the exhuast ports are different, but i'm considering getting a 1999 header and getting the 02 ports put in. Does anybody have close-up pictures of the 99 header, trying to determine how to attack this head swap. Does all this sound like it will work? I just don't whana replace junk with junk.

Oh yeah, the differences in headers is that the 0331 manifolds have smaller exhaust primaries, so they won't be able to cover up the 7120's and 0630's larger exhaust ports.

Yea I knew of the exhaust port difference. Hopefully I can use a 99 manifold to my downpipe with the top 02 sensors in the collectors and if I've understood right I can use 02 simulators on the bottom 2 02's.

There was an adapter for the 2000+ exhaust manifold to earlier head floating around, but I have never actually seen it.

Do you have the California emissions package?

If you don't you can swap the earlier head on, use an earlier header and have the two O2 bungs welded in.

Back