• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspensions??

pbones66

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a new suspension for my 95xj to run 35s or 37s looking at BDS, Full Traction and Rustys with about 6.5" of lift or 7" any recommendations

I love my BDS 6.5" lift, great flex and ride. Just get some better shocks then the ones that come with the kit and some shackle relocation brackets.

For the record, I'm running dana 44's and 35's
CIMG1101.jpg

rebuilding D44s now

Good, at least you've got the right idea.

I say RK 3-link because that's what I have and love it. The only thing I would rather is to have a full cross member instead of brackets that attach to the unibody. I plated the hell out of mine front to rear...

I love my BDS 6.5" lift, great flex and ride. Just get some better shocks then the ones that come with the kit and some shackle relocation brackets.

For the record, I'm running dana 44's and 35's
CIMG1101.jpg

Did you get the 5500 shocks or the 9500? I am seriously considering their 4.5" short arm kit (mostly DD) and some control arm drop brackets with the 9500 shocks.

Did you get the 5500 shocks or the 9500? I am seriously considering their 4.5" short arm kit (mostly DD) and some control arm drop brackets with the 9500 shocks.
I had the 5500s, I'm now running Bilstien 12" travel 7100 short bodies

what were the issues with it?

Tracbar broke 3 times before I stopped having them honor their warranty. All the bushings were SHOT in 3 months. The tracbar bracket welds broke. I had to reweld them myself.

I realize A LOT of the marketed kits have those characteristics but that was my first lift and it left a horrible taste in my mouth. I still use the leaves and the coils from that kit to this day.

Most important, I think it's ridiculous that a 4 wheel drive shop actually offers a 6.5 inch lift complete with short arms. It's just isn't safe to use short arms with that much lift... Yes, I bought that kit but that was before I knew any better. I bought drop brackets shortly after untill I upgraded to RK LAs 2 months later.

Back