• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need your guys help again

trevanator

NAXJA Forum User
First of all I have to thank all the guys that have helped me in the recent past I really appreciate it.
But once I again I could use some expertise I dont have. I installed my transmission cooler last sunday and after installing it my motor now runs hotter than it did before about 10 degrees hotter. To me this makes no sense. I also got down and touched both the incoming and the outgoing lines and both are piping hot and the same temperature roughly. I would say they are both about 180 or 200 degrees im gonna get a gauge out and check but still I dont think they should both be hot shouldnt one be cooler?
I ran it just like the instructions say. It said to go from the transmission to the radiator to the cooler then back to the transmission so I did. I am contemplating switching that now just to see what happens but thought I would ask you guys what you think.

Agreed^^

I thought that I read that you want the lines to go tranny - tranny cooler - radiator - tranny to avoid over cooling the tranny.

if you have a proper tranny cooler, get the hell out of the radiator!
that would be 2 extra hoses, and 4 extra ends to leak and clutter the engine bay.

I just installed a CSF rad (not the point), and in the process completely bypassed the stock rad cooler. I have a B&M Trans tempt gauge (HIGHLY recommend) and the temps stay right at 100 on the highway, and never get above 160 on the trail.

I mounted the cooler right in front of the rad on the passenger side.

Back