• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear doors wont open

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have no idea why, but about a month ago both my rear doors just stopped opening, i cant do it from inside or outside. Unibody is straight so there is no way they are bent, not really sure where to start on this one.... its a 98

I'm going to assume a 4dr. I'm going to assume you checked to see if they were unlocked on the inside, and I'm going to assume that you are not trying to open them from the inside (just in case someone set your child proof switch on the door jam).

I had this happen on one door. The latch froze up solid. No pushing or pulling on rods would open the doors. I had to peel off the inner door cover, create a hole in the inner door skin to access the latch, and literally destroy the latch from the inside of the car before I could open the door, and replace the latch.

Hopefully your issue is not a door latch, but a control rod which came off.

Good Luck!

ya i figured i would have to peel off the inner cover, not a fun task with the door closed

Back