• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

abs issue w/ 8.25

Yamadevil

NAXJA Forum User
my 90 w/ d35 has abs sensors and i just got a 8.25 from a 97 with no abs hookups. can i just not hook up the sensors and be ok or is this damn thing going to brake like shit

As far as I know theres no easy plug and play way to get abs on a 8 1/4. It wont affect your normal braking not having the sensors there. It should just turn on your abs light and disable your abs system.

Cut all the sensors off and be done with it, who needs abs? Shouldn't be a problem, but I'd cut it off...

Cut all the sensors off and be done with it, who needs abs? Shouldn't be a problem, but I'd cut it off...

x2. I looked specifically for an XJ without ABS. I hate it. Mostly because it's unpredictable in slippery conditions :skull2:

take the ABS sensors off, take the relay/fuse out of the power distribution box under the hood, and never think about it again.

on my 90 i pulled the ABS BATT fuse under the dash and thats it. the pump still powers the brakes but the brakes can still lock up, barely. brakes got no better or worse, just no functioning ABS. i also removed the wheel sensors and wires to them. im running a 97+ 8.25 as well. but ideally a booster swap from a 95-96 XJ or a WJ would be the best solution.

my brakes work good as is and i was planning on removing sensors and wires i was just told would be shit so i looked and found that fuse and also a abs ign one do i take that out as well

i believe that powers the pump. i would just try the ABS BATT fuse first. thats all i have had pulled for quite a while and havent had a problem with the ABS doing anything funny. left all other fuses and relays alone.

Back