• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I.E. Meet and Greet Thursday Nov. 11th

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
Alright so Skwerly gave me a good idea about starting a new thread with the updated dates, so here ya go. Meet and Greet this Thursday (November 11th) in Yucaipa at the Big Cheese Pizza at 6:00pm. There will be plenty of pizza and beer. Just don't expect me to pay for your food. I'm a cheap poo bastard. This is a buy your own food and beer kinda thing. Hopefully we will get some new local faces to show up. There seems to be a lot of new guys in the area. Please post up asap if your planning on coming so I can get us a table ahead of time that we will all fit at.

Address: 12013 5th St Bldg B Yucaipa, CA 92399

Also, I will be running a couple trails in Big Bear on Thursday with a few other teachers in rigs from fully stock to heavily built so we will probably do something mild to moderate. This is a family thing so if kids aren't your thing then you may want to pass. If you don't mind the little rugrats then please feel free to come along.

wish you had stuck w/ sat brad, but can't due to work - usually work weekends too, so i guess it's no biggie. have a great time tho

I might be interested in the trails on Thursday. Do you have an idea of what you are going to do?

Probably Gold Mtn. I know it's ran on lot, but it's just a great trail for all levels of rigs. There's fun spots for the built rigs and easy bypasses for the worst stuff for the stockers and chickens. We will probably leave around 9:30 or 10 am from my place and head up the 38 to Big Bear. My guess is that we will hit the trail around 11:00 and be back down the mtn. around 2:30. That gives us time for pics and lunch. It's a rather short trail.

We will probably leave around 9:30 or 10 am from my place and head up the 38 to Big Bear. My guess is that we will hit the trail around 11:00 and be back down the mtn. around 2:30. That gives us time for pics and lunch. It's a rather short trail.

Not to hijack the thread, but which way do you go to get to Big Bear? I takes me forever to get there it seems like :bs:

I take the 38 (back way) up to Big Bear becuase I live off the 38. Most people go up the 330 and some will come up the 18 but that adds an extra 40 minutes of driving for me. Were you thinking of joining us for the trail run in the morning or just getting general info.

Probably Gold Mtn. I know it's ran on lot, but it's just a great trail for all levels of rigs. There's fun spots for the built rigs and easy bypasses for the worst stuff for the stockers and chickens. We will probably leave around 9:30 or 10 am from my place and head up the 38 to Big Bear. My guess is that we will hit the trail around 11:00 and be back down the mtn. around 2:30. That gives us time for pics and lunch. It's a rather short trail.

Okay, that sounds good. Now I just need to talk to the wife and see if she's interested. I've been wanting to run Gold Mountain, so that would be great. I'm in your co-worker's old 2000 XJ and it's basically like it was then, except it has frame stiffeners, a front skid, rock rails and hopefully a roof rack by Thursday. It also has a lot more rock rash on the wheels and a little body damage on the left rear quarter panel. Oops.

Okay, that sounds good. Now I just need to talk to the wife and see if she's interested. I've been wanting to run Gold Mountain, so that would be great. I'm in your co-worker's old 2000 XJ and it's basically like it was then, except it has frame stiffeners, a front skid, rock rails and hopefully a roof rack by Thursday. It also has a lot more rock rash on the wheels and a little body damage on the left rear quarter panel. Oops.

Oooh, you HAVE to come. The guy you bought that rig from (Tony) will be there in his new 4 door Rubicon. He would love to see his old rig in action, because he never really wheeled it. I also want to see it wheeled becuase it made me insane to watch him build it and never wheel it.

I take the 38 (back way) up to Big Bear becuase I live off the 38. Most people go up the 330 and some will come up the 18 but that adds an extra 40 minutes of driving for me. Were you thinking of joining us for the trail run in the morning or just getting general info.

Oh how I would love to go. I can't tho cause im in Afghanistan right now. :doh: I just wanted to know the fastest way cause right after I get back it's SoCalFest time again!

Last edited:
Oooh, you HAVE to come. The guy you bought that rig from (Tony) will be there in his new 4 door Rubicon. He would love to see his old rig in action, because he never really wheeled it. I also want to see it wheeled becuase it made me insane to watch him build it and never wheel it.

He said he wanted a Rubicon, but I wasn't too sure he was actually going to get one.

I talked to the wife and we're in. We'll have our 19 month old son with us, so we will fit right in with the other child-totting parents.

We'll be coming up the 18 from Apple Valley. Should we plan on meeting you at the Gold Mountain trail head at 11am? Running it South to North?

~Reed

He said he wanted a Rubicon, but I wasn't too sure he was actually going to get one.

I talked to the wife and we're in. We'll have our 19 month old son with us, so we will fit right in with the other child-totting parents.

We'll be coming up the 18 from Apple Valley. Should we plan on meeting you at the Gold Mountain trail head at 11am? Running it South to North?

~Reed

Sweet. I will have my wife and 10 month old son with me and Tony will have his 9 month old with him (I think). There will also be a couple older kids(elementary age). The 11:00 am meeting time at the Southern entrance to the trail should be perfect. If there is any confusion just call me on my cell. There are areas up there that I get a signal. 9092383333. PM me your number just in case I need to get ahold of you for some reason.

I just realized that I changed the date but didn't actually get one confirmed yes on the new thread? Is there anyone planning on going to the M&G?

YES - me and the misses will be attending... and i will be attending the trail as well p.m. or call me later to set up times.

YES - me and the misses will be attending... and i will be attending the trail as well p.m. or call me later to set up times.

Sweet, hopefully we will get some more people to join in over the next couple days. I got quite a few "maybe's" from people through PM's and emails. If 1/2 of them show up then we will have a good group.

Bump for M&G tomorrow.

We won't be making it to Yucaipa for the Pizza but we are still planning on seeing you at the trailhead at 11am. See you there.

See you at the trail head tomorrow.

Back