• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Manifold swap and vacuum lines

ctnsupra1

NAXJA Forum User
How did everyone hook up their vacuum lines when going from a pre-97 intake manifold to a newer style manifold? I'm putting everything back together and I'm not sure if it matters which line goes to which vacuum port or not? Will definitely have to make a few new lines for the FPR work with the new setup. Thanks.

Conor
'95 4.0 AW4

It shouldn't be too difficult.

Just make sure you have ample vacuum supply for each item. For example, don't stick the brake booster on a tiny fitting.

Just use common sense. I did it and it only took me about 20 minutes to extend all of them with rubber vacuum line.

As said it's not that hard, as long as all the lines are hooked up and you have no leaks, you shouldn't have a problem.

Did you swap the exhaust manifold also? I didnt have one around when I did my intake swap so I just put a plug in the egr port and welded it up. Then got rid of the egr relay and vacuum diaphrams all together.

AH! Didnt see the year and info at the bottom! :doh: Proceed.

Back