• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SBNF Adopt A Trail project Saturday 11/6

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I have a commitment this weekend but if anyone would like to help out I'm sure Greg would appreciate it.

Going out on these projects is a great way to see parts of the forest you may not normally explore and the fall colors are awesome right now.

On Saturday, November 6th, I will be completing a forest restoration project in Big Bear.

Motorcyclists have burned in several illegal trails that lead down from 2N11 (south shore of Big Bear) to the Champion Lodgepole Pine. This is a very pristine area populated with bears, bobcats, deer and a variety of wild birds. I want to rake the trails out and camouflage them to restore this area.

After this project is completed (about an hour), I want to clear some debris off Clark's Grade (1N54) and then drive down to Santa Ana River (Seven Oaks) and back to Big Bear via Radford Truck Trail (2N06).

This will be an easy four wheel drive venture. Family members are welcome to join the party.

Please bring food, water, over the ankle boots, gloves, and a good spirit for fun together in our beautiful National Forest!

Saturday's project meeting location will be Big Bear Discovery Center at 0845 leaving at 0900.

Hope to see ya there,

Greg.

Last edited:
I'd be down, but I'll be elsewhere. :/ Sad, I'd love to do this.

this sounds really fun but probably would have been available if I had more advanced notice. I'm wrapping up my rear main seal replacement this weekend

this sounds really fun but probably would have been available if I had more advanced notice. I'm wrapping up my rear main seal replacement this weekend

Unfortunately that's all the advanced notice I got. I posted it as soon as I saw the email. A lot of times Greg will put together a project on something that needs immediate attention so there always is not much lead time.

i ran my heep today all around town and se did fine so i'm gonna try to make it it all depends on my schedule at work

Back