• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project whitey..or off whitey..

Peacefrog53

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I'm going to start a build thread on here. The last jeep didn't last very long, and I'm hoping this one will...

I have a 1988 Off White Cherokee Pioneer..Bought it for $500. It started..barely..but wouldn't run without laying on the gas pedal.. Soo..fuel pump got replaced...cake.. Got it running, then proceeded with the lift. Here is how I bought it, and what it looked like a couple weeks ago..

When I bought it...

0709101244.jpg

0709101241.jpg

When I got it running and put the lift on...

AfterLift1.jpg

0823101858.jpg

After the lift, painting the tires, the grill, trans pan, valve cover, and some misc. other parts...here is how it stand today..

DSCF0958.jpg

DSCF0959.jpg

Sorry not the tires....the rims...I guess I could paint the tires though too...hmm...Lol.... Yea I ghettto rattle canned the rims..They were white and rust colored.. So I threw some cheap flat black on them..and kept the center caps.. Thanks guys.

Thank you... I had a BLAST!! I can't wait for the 35"s...lol :viking:

Ok so i'm planning on starting a full suspension rebuild this weekend.. Does anyone have any pointers for me? I know it's gunna be a bitch, but I'd really like to have new ball joints and bushings down there for a little reliability. My plan is to take all of the front suspension and steering apart, clean and paint it.. Then reassemble with new joints.. If needed. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks fellas..

Last edited:
It's been a little while since I updated this build. Since the ast post i have put the pre-runner bumper on, HD tie rod, painted the diff covers, got new shoes and new wheels. I'm amost satisfied...but this will do just fine for now.
IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

Just thought I would throw a little update out there.

IMAG0773.jpg

Got the Rock Solid rack, 4 PIAA Halogens, BFG 35's, 1-Ton steering, JCR Stage 2's, and A-Pillar light brackets. Now if I could just keep it running......

whitey bulger was the head of the irish mob in boston that was on the run for 20 years before getting caught in santa monica. hes currently awaiting trial.
whitey ford was a baseball player from the 30s and also everlasts acoustic album "whitey ford sings the blues"

random i know.

Back