• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan shroud from Rock Auto:$13 total

GregGA

87 Laredo Galloping Ghost
I was in the process of replacing my fan clutch on my 87 4.0 AW4 and broke the original, brittle fan shroud. Great, there goes $50 bucks I thought.

Did a search at RockAuto and they have them for $5.65, with shipping came to $13.

Just got it today, made in Taiwan, looks great and OEM quality.

I feel like stocking up on these and selling them on e-bay:wierd:

Greg

I ordered one yesterday for my 00 it was $26 shipped...that still beats 89 bucks from advance auto.

I want to buy one and modify it to make it a two piece. It's such a pain and makes no sense having it as a single piece.

I want to buy one and modify it to make it a two piece. It's such a pain and makes no sense having it as a single piece.

This is so true. What were they thinking?

This is so true. What were they thinking?
"hey guys we can save $1 by making this one piece and it will make the assembly line 30 seconds faster"

What did you search under to find the fan shroud? Can't seem to find it... and I need two. One for a 99 and for a 93

edit: nevermind, just Google searched rockauto Jeep Cherokee fan shroud and got it

I got one of these when I redid my cooling system. Definitely meets or exceeds OEM. Not as brittle either but it might be cause it hasn't been subjected to 12 years of heat cycles.

"hey guys we can save $1 by making this one piece and it will make the assembly line 30 seconds faster"

You are exactly right, that is how it is done on "test" assembly lines.

I have a 88 year model.
I called yesterday and they told me it was no longer available.

They told me if it did not show up as "Fan Shroud" in the engine catagory it was not available. They only show up on the 97 and newer models.

Are they the same shroud?

I got a brand new one for my 98 from the dealership for $11.
:dunno:

Any pics? I searched for one of these on Rock Auto's website for my '96 Cherokee and couldn't find anything other than the entire cooling fan (electric)

Got a link to the part?

Thanks...

It's gonna be under newer years. Same thing for my 93. Doesn't show up however you can Google search for 'Rockauto Jeep Cherokee fanshroud' and it'll pop up with the newer ones. From what I can tell they're all the exact same...

Once you're in the 1996 Jeep Cherokee section (and have chosen whatever engine you have), a new search prompt comes up and if you type in "fan shroud" and hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard, it will highlight the section your search turns up results. Edit: I see this doesn't work for certain years now. The fan shroud they have listed is supposed to work for all years (as long as it's a 4.0L). Not sure why their catalog doesn't show it as such...

In the case of this part, it is under Engine/Fan Shroud

Part number is CH3110104

And to anyone who doesn't think Rockauto's parts catalog is the most efficient way of organizing car parts is a damn fool :D

Found the part... but now it's $16.81... and I'm not sure about shipping prices. Have prices gone up that much? Not sure if that's any cheaper than at the stealership...

Yea, since the OP made this post, the price of the shroud has gone up some. Shipping for me was $7.53. You can always search on Google for a RockAuto discount code of 5%, by the way.

I will probably add one of these to my next big RockAuto order.

Back