• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hood vents

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
where can i get a set of hood vents. i like the baron vents but where can i find them new. or where do i get them period. i looked at the boneyards but they never have any lebarons. or i was also thinking abot the vented hoods. i have seen them on the grands the ones that look like the have built in louvers. do they have these for xjs and if so where can i get one at thanks

Make them? 20 bucks for the grill pans for Lowes. Magnetic covers are easily made for rain or snowy weather.

DSCN2824.jpg

You will find them for sale on the forum on occasion. A guy in the Sierra Chapter has as a set of Lebaron vents for sale for a good price. My kid bought a set from him two months ago and they were like new.

seen them on craigslist and ebay

where can i get a set of hood vents. i like the baron vents but where can i find them new. or where do i get them period. i looked at the boneyards but they never have any lebarons. or i was also thinking abot the vented hoods. i have seen them on the grands the ones that look like the have built in louvers. do they have these for xjs and if so where can i get one at thanks

Hammered is selling some lebarons in the For Sale section of this main forum.

First thing to ask yourself ... Is why do you want hood vents. ???

Q/. Because they look cool ??

A/. Any vent type will do ... they dont even have to have holes in them.

Q/. Because everybody else has them ??

A/. A scene & quote from the monty python film - "life of brian" springs to mind ....
" you are all individuals " .... and one voice in the crowd says " I'm not " .... :D

Q/. Because of high underbonnet temps ??

A/. Diagnose the cause of the high underbonnet temps.

Research correct vent placement positions and the effects of incorrect placement.

This is good general info about heat in engine bays.
http://www.oman4x4.com/hoodvents.htm

The only thing not explained ... is that the lesser heat build up at the centre, rear area of the engine bay ... is because heat is carried away down the tranny tunnel .... ( XJ's have a tranny tunnel too ... :rolleyes: )

Vents over the top of the engine only benefits at low speeds.

Vents in the rear corners of the hood provides venting at high & low speeds.

Quite an interesting subject is hood venting and airflow ... and the imagined and proven benefits. ;)

Generally its over-shadowed by internet myth and fancy advertising claims from businesses wanting to sell bits of tin & plastic with holes cut in them .... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back