• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ / TJ / Powertech Belt Layout Q

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so through double-electric fan pages I stumbled on to this:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1016319&page=2

Now, has anyone done the WJ / TJ conversion?
It looks like the tricky part is finding a radiator hose that will work, preferably OEM for convenience's sake.
I'd probably be deleting A/C from the Jeep at the same time, just to reduce drag and open up the engine bay a bit. I suppose finding a belt the right length shouldn't be too hard.

Between AC delete & dual electric, I'd expect to get another MPG or so and a few horses freed, as well as spring tensioner sexiness and custom badassery. Thoughts? Anyone been here, done this?

Somebody had posted pictures of the block differences and there was some question about whether the new stuff would bolt on to the old blocks. From what I recall the main concern was the A/C mounts, and if you are not messing with that then it shouldn't be a problem. The water pumps are also different and there is an extra bolt hole for the newer style, but they are different because it has to clear the A/C compressor, so once again if you are skipping the A/C you should not need to worry about that.

Here I found a copy of the pic I saved. The new style A/C won't mount to the old block, otherwise there should be no problem.

TJFront.jpg

Last edited:
Back