• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vinyl wrap?

SanDiegoOverland

NAXJA Forum User
How much to vinyl wrap my XJ in san diego?

2nd choice is to semi-gloss enamel it to a tan color. As it sits, it's semi-gloss black with silver trim. I rolled it on for $40.00 and it did its job admirably for the last year. I'm just ready to dial in the color a bit more.

Wondering if I can do a wrap for anywhere near the vicinity of affordable.

If not I wonder if I can color match tractor paint or rustoleum semi-gloss from the depot or dixieline.

thanks for help with either question. :) Paint on my truck is exactly like the military. Simply a rust-preventative.

:cheers:

How much to vinyl wrap my XJ in san diego?

2nd choice is to semi-gloss enamel it to a tan color. As it sits, it's semi-gloss black with silver trim. I rolled it on for $40.00 and it did its job admirably for the last year. I'm just ready to dial in the color a bit more.

Wondering if I can do a wrap for anywhere near the vicinity of affordable.

If not I wonder if I can color match tractor paint or rustoleum semi-gloss from the depot or dixieline.

thanks for help with either question. :) Paint on my truck is exactly like the military. Simply a rust-preventative.

:cheers:

A wrap is not going to be cheap. I have seen them cost as much as $2500.

It is going to be hard to color match a paint job you rolled on over a year ago. You can get it close but it won't be perfect.

You will probably have to re-roll the whole XJ agian to get it all to match perfect.

The military does not just use paint for corrosion control. The paint they use is called CARC (Chemical Agent Resistant Coating) and has carcinogenic properties when being ground or sanded. It is some nasty stuff!

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/carc.html

PM sent

contact Ten30, he does wraps, he did all of my work trucks. Might not be cheap but he does it out of his garage so less overhead=lower price

man for a jeep that hits trails and rocks, i would NOT wrap that XJ. it is going to cost a good penny to do so even at good guy price. i would hit it up with some colored ryno liner type stuff and call it a day. if it scratches you can touch up and no one knows. scratch your expensive wrap and it is done. but if you still choose to wrap it hit me up i have a good guy that is reasonable cost(as reasonable as wraps get)

I'd love to wrap mine in a digital desert cammo pattern!

there is one running around here in fallbrook. and i saw it in temecula once. even the windows have it. (i guess you can get wrap that you can see through one way). anyhow, looked pretty cool, especially since this is a military town. if i see it again, i'll try and ask him were he got it done and price. suppose i better keep the camera in the truck now too.

there is one running around here in fallbrook. and i saw it in temecula once. even the windows have it. (i guess you can get wrap that you can see through one way). anyhow, looked pretty cool, especially since this is a military town. if i see it again, i'll try and ask him were he got it done and price. suppose i better keep the camera in the truck now too.
That would be cool! You going to Goatfest?

Back