• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Klune V - Aftermath

Explorer 1

NAXJA Forum User
Now that the Klune V has been installed I'm dealing with installing a new seat belt post, a new rail and covering the hole made in the unibody for the transfer case that has been moved back about 8 inches.

IMG_0446.jpg

Having limited metal fab experience, I was concerned with making the thin floor strong enough for the new seat base and seatbelt bolt.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

I'm quite pleased and encouraged by the outcome....next will be the new Trans/Klune support and skid plate.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Well i think it turned out well and it looks more than strong enough for me!
What is the bracket behind the seat used for?

Look good. I am sure the pieces you add will be plenty strong for what you are trying to accomplish.

I have heared about the Klune V but this is the first time I have seen one installed. If I were to add one to my XJ, I would have thought it would go behind the transfer case and not in front of it. Do you think the NV231 could handle the extra torque comming from the Klune V?

Well i think it turned out well and it looks more than strong enough for me!
What is the bracket behind the seat used for?

It holds the support for the platform I have instead of a back seat.

feb08002-1.jpg

feb08003-1.jpg

feb08004-1.jpg

Th 231 has been upgraded so it should handle the lower end torque allowed by the Klune V (hopefully).

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Looks good Fred! I'm pretty sure he's running a 231hd planetary and wider chain. Fred, what range is Klune box running in?

Looks good Fred! I'm pretty sure he's running a 231hd planetary and wider chain. Fred, what range is Klune box running in?

Yep, I have the wider chain, the Klune is a 4:1 ratio.

Currently I'm busy with making the new Transmission Crossmember and support for the Klune. The will come the Transfer Case skid plate.

Then will come the shock mount son teh new axle, having a bit of a quandry as to where and how to mount them.

Hopefully, by Thanksgiving I get to try the newer rear drivetrain on some dirt and rocks.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Back