• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pick-Your-Part junkyard sale!

I went to the junkyard today to pick some things up, that's the last damn time i go on a non-half off weekend. They tried to get 22$ EACH for some hatch shocks. Highway robbery over there!

I went to the junkyard today to pick some things up, that's the last damn time i go on a non-half off weekend. They tried to get 22$ EACH for some hatch shocks. Highway robbery over there!

I went to get a power window motor/assembly for my 2000, I figured it would be $10 or something. They wanted $50, when I can order a NEW one online for $7 more (including shipping). Their prices are ridiculous.

Be glad you didn't want the complete hatch.
Every part is priced separately and added together.
Bare hatch + window + lock + interior panel + speakers + license light + wiring + struts = way too much!

IIRC Ecology charged me under $70- for a complete hatch with everything above attached on a regular priced day.

Its getting to be almost cheaper to buy new on most stuff now. Called looking for drive shafts for a couple trucks at work. The dealer wanted $ 780. Junk yard $ 550 plus id have to get new joints and balanced by their guy.

i think interior parts are a steal. my center armrest was all ripped up when i bought my XJ, i got a like-new one for $7 at pickyourpart! i did expect leaf packs to be more like 20$ not 45$

those beach/katella yards get CRAZY on sale weekends, i will NEVER go again on a sale weekend, it's not worth waiting in lines for "poopy" parts.

a couple weeks ago, at my favorite yard, a buddy got quoted $380 for a xj 8.25. he told the beotch to XXXX off, walked down off the stairs, pushed it off his cart and walked out.

this is why i laugh out loud when people try to post junkyard prices, NOTHING is written in stone, despite whatever the sign/website says.

THIS is why you see all those parts pulled from the vehicle, but left right near the checkout trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its getting to be almost cheaper to buy new on most stuff now. Called looking for drive shafts for a couple trucks at work. The dealer wanted $ 780. Junk yard $ 550 plus id have to get new joints and balanced by their guy.

Lemme know what you need and I can have one made for you for probably half that.

I found a perfect hatch seal at the PAP on Beach and when I went to pay for it she asks is that thing like 20ft long or ??? I said I dunno why?

She says we charge per foot!

WTF?????

I told her it was 6 foot long! :firedevil

I found a perfect hatch seal at the PAP on Beach and when I went to pay for it she asks is that thing like 20ft long or ??? I said I dunno why?

She says we charge per foot!

WTF?????

I told her it was 6 foot long! :firedevil

you should have said: "well then I haven't measured it in a while but I'm guessing its about 9.5 inches"

then she'd either call security or give that fake laugh

I went to the SFS Ecology on Sunday and grabbed the passenger seat out of that Street Comanche. I was worried how much they might charge me. Lo and behold, they tell me seats are 1/2 price. So I got it for $12. That was a nice surprise.

Back