• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja - Would you still go?

Would you still go to Baja

• Total voters

HeepSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
With all the media crap being spewed about how dangerous Mexico is, would you still cruise down?

Me? YES, I would. Hopefully doing a trip this December. :yelclap:

attachment.php

67 mph...:gee: fully loaded. Just a little body roll!
attachment.php

By far the best campsite I've ever camped at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmf72pwbY4g

baja.jpg baja2.jpg

as nice as mexico is, i have no need for it any longer. (until it gets better/safer). way too many nice places to go in our own United States.

Used to pit for a couple race teams in San Felipe and Baja 500 / 1000, also have friends with houses down there, with open invitations. I haven't been in a few years now corrupt cop and feds and now the way the drug cartels are shooting it up......NO WAY! I can find plenty to do in the good old USA.

With all the media crap being spewed about how dangerous Mexico is, would you still cruise down?

Me? YES, I would. Hopefully doing a trip this December. :yelclap:

attachment.php

67 mph...:gee: fully loaded. Just a little body roll!
attachment.php

By far the best campsite I've ever camped at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmf72pwbY4g

We are going down for the 1000 and then our trip from xmas thru newyears to BOLA,franciscuito(sp) and on down to Mulege for the new year celebration!!!Woohooo.

I go all the time. My wife was born and raised in TJ/Rosarito area and her family lives there. As with most places, you just need to know were and were not to go. There are places in Riverside I feel less comfortable than in Baja! I dont believe the media, TV or print. They are pushing an agenda.

meh, the media hypes it up to be worse than it is. I know plenty of people who go down there on a regular basis and they have a great trip every time.

I go all the time. My wife was born and raised in TJ/Rosarito area and her family lives there. As with most places, you just need to know were and were not to go. There are places in Riverside I feel less comfortable than in Baja! I dont believe the media, TV or print. They are pushing an agenda.

WELL SAID!!! And I agree... some areas in Riverside are most definitely worse! haha

...There are places in Riverside I feel less comfortable than in Baja! I dont believe the media, TV or print. They are pushing an agenda.

haha I feel safer in Mexico then at my old place in Arlanza! Well said!

I go to all the races with our team. 1000,500,SF and every time no issues all friendly people. I would go back again as a matter of fact going Nov 15th YAY

Agreed, however at least they have 911 and a Sheriff Dept., fire and parmedics that will respond in Riverside.

Last time I went to Baja, I witnessed two people needlessly drownd and die on the beach, first responder was at least 4 hours late.

I suppose it all depends on what you go down for. When I used to go A LOT it was to surf, hang on the beach and not get hassled. That was years ago when I was young and broke. Now, I would rather pay the $$ to do that here and know I have a reasonably reliable police and fire department at the ready, just in case.

Agreed, however at least they have 911 and a Sheriff Dept., fire and parmedics that will respond in Riverside.

Last time I went to Baja, I witnessed two people needlessly drownd and die on the beach, first responder was at least 4 hours late.

I suppose it all depends on what you go down for. When I used to go A LOT it was to surf, hang on the beach and not get hassled. That was years ago when I was young and broke. Now, I would rather pay the $$ to do that here and know I have a reasonably reliable police and fire department at the ready, just in case.

You can get RPD to come out?! My house was robbed twice and those clowns wouldn't come out once! They said there was nothing they could do and make a report on the phone on a weekday. Then they charged me $50 for a copy of the report to give my insurance co. I was robbed 3 times, and once was by the COPs. How is that differrent than Mexico?

We will be going thru Felipe xmas day headed to Gonzaga Bay,are you staying in the houses north of town?

Yes, Oro Grande, I think....across the highway from the Pemex station north of town. We stayed there for last year's 1000. Super nice gated community, with restaurant/bar. Probably going down the 26th. I think our plan is to go out to Matomi wash and explore west from there.

-Dan

Hey! Any of you guys that are already going down for the Mil want to chase our Jeepspeed from Ojos to San Felipe?

The pay suck's but atleast we make you work hard.

We (me, LooseNut's Dan and the rest of the Dust Junkies) need a 2+ man crew. We need a team that is mechanical and confident Baja traveler's to chase from Ensenada to San Felipe then hang out and party while we continue south to La Paz for the win.

Hit me up with a PM if this sounds like you.
Thanks,
Eric

Back