• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stolen item on craigslist?

md11fan

NAXJA Forum User
Sooo... I was looking in my garage yesterday for my bodyboard, cause its the first beach going day in almost 2 weeks, well i found my bodyboard missing, but the other smaller board was there and my kayak, No board. The last time i remembered going in the water was at least 2 weeks ago, and the last time i put my board away, which was the last time i was in the garage.

Anyway, im almost positive this is my board, its was a Custom X 42" titan bodyboard i got at jack 3 years ago. i dont have the receipt. Its black on top white on the sides and a bright orange/redish on the bottom. The way the wax and dirt looks, it really looks like its trown on, and my leash cut. i can still see the little tare in the left side from when my cat clawed it. Whats the best way going about this back?, this makes me really pissed, and at the same time i dont have $35 to buy it cause my jeep is broke.

Thanks, sorry for the drag on.:cheers:

call detective, or write it off as oops. if you can't obviously prove its yours and you're going to have a pretty tough time convincing a detective to do something about it for $35 bucks.

i hate thieves, they've gotten me good a few times, good luck.

call the guy from a friends phone : ) , tell him you want to look at it and then hope in the car and take off, he isnt going to call the cops over a $35 body board that he probably stole anyway

Do you have any BIG friends? Go check it out. If you see the marks that will assure you that it is yours then be direct and blunt and just let him know you will be taking it back. Make sure your big buddies are right behind you at that point and if it's not yours then you just found a great replacement for cheap.

....you're going to have a pretty tough time convincing a detective to do something about it for $35 bucks.

Yup.

When I worked at Dan Gurney's (in Stabba Ana), I came back from lunch one day to find a guy stealing a taillight bucket/lens out of a co-worker's brand new Tundra. Those things are like $200.00....

Called SAPD, gave them discription of the perp, discription AND liscense plate # of his vehicle.....

They said they would send a detective out in about 2 weeks..... Co-worker just hung up the phone.

Last edited:
Do you have any BIG friends? Go check it out. If you see the marks that will assure you that it is yours then be direct and blunt and just let him know you will be taking it back. Make sure your big buddies are right behind you at that point and if it's not yours then you just found a great replacement for cheap.
X2 most likely a kid try-n to sell it.. write your name on your stuff or the last 4 of your DL# somewhere. put these punks in the court system where they belong.. have fun in court fart face :bawl:

I was reading this thread and thought... for 35$ wright it off lock up you property. It's not worth the trouble to brawl over something as small and you can't prove its yours. Big friends does not matter.. bullets don't discriminate.

Life will be full of speed bumps. Be glad it was not a few hundred or thousands of dollars. :peace:

It's not a $35 right off it's the cost of a new board. As a former body boarder I fully understand the cost in a high end board. If the guy wants $35 for your board then go look at it with a friend. If the situation seems a little sketchy and unsafe then just buy your board back. In the end you get punked for $35 instead of having to buy a brand new board. You still learn your lesson but with a lot less cash out of your pocket.

It's not a $35 right off it's the cost of a new board. As a former body boarder I fully understand the cost in a high end board. If the guy wants $35 for your board then go look at it with a friend. If the situation seems a little sketchy and unsafe then just buy your board back. In the end you get punked for $35 instead of having to buy a brand new board. You still learn your lesson but with a lot less cash out of your pocket.

Well put Bhicks, the best approach yet.

This is a tough one dude. If you have solid proof the board is yours, call the police, ask the dispatcher to generate a" sinfo" call and show the officer your proof. If you and some buddies go strongarm him to get it back you will be OJ Simpson's room mate.

Not much you can do.

My bike got jacked from my patio a few weeks back. I feel your pain.

If you dont plan on going over their, call him up say you want to come over and see it, get the address, then tellem thats your board and now your going to get it back. Depending on what he says, just keep messing with him call a lot. Make it the worst 35 bucks he ever made. He will be sleeping with one eye open being nervous all the time over 35 bucks.

ha ha..

Maybe its a good opportunity to upgrade to a surfboard.

Screw that! I used to body board at least 5 days a week in the high school and college days. Then I moved up into the San Berdu mtns. and the beach days ended. It was a good trade off.

Back