• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

King of the Hammers for 2011

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Wow! What a couple of days. We made it into the 2011 KOH LCQ, but just barely. It was posted on Pirate on Oct 20th that registration was open for the 2011 Last Chance Qualifier. Within a few days there were already 28 entries received, which was amazing. I've been racing with Fred Hill this year, I went back to PA for the Rausch Creek qualifier in May and to MO for the SMORR qualifier in July, but we broke both times. Fred has been out of town for a week and not able to get our app completed. Within another couple of days there were 41 entries in already, and they're accepting 50. Damn.

I got the stuff together to get our app in yesterday and sent it FedEx yesterday morning. By the end of the day there were 46 apps in already, so only four spots left. It looked like there were 7 or more people who had overnighted apps in to be received today, and we were one of them. UPS delivered in the morning and there were 3 more apps, so only one spot left! Post office delivered around noon with one app, so that was the 50th spot. CRAP! But, then one of the 50 was given a merit spot in the big race (they were already working on it before, finalized it today), so that opened up one more spot and ours was the next app in so we got it!!

So, we have to be in the top 10 out of 50 in the LCQ to get into the big race. LCQ is on Wed 2-9, KOH is on Fri 2-11. Right now it looks like we're going to be racing the car built on Extreme 4x4 which Ian raced last year. We'll be prepping it at the G&G Off Road shop in Bakersfield. We're going to run car number 109, which is Fred and my combined age. :)

Talk about "by the skin of your teeth."

Richard are you guys campaigning one or two cars?

Will 52 be racing?

Hey richard! Contests! If u guys need to get some pit teams together, I'll gladly help out. I helped pit for Dustin Webster's team rocket this past KOH. Lemme know and on e again congrats

Talk about "by the skin of your teeth."

Richard are you guys campaigning one or two cars?

Will 52 be racing?

Just one car. Number 52 won't be racing. We were going to enter both cars in the LCQ to better our chances, but since the entries went so fast I didn't have time to get both packages completed, plus I figured it was going to be tight just getting one in on time.

We looking seriously at using mine for CalRocs next year, and I'd like to race it in the Stampede in Reno next Sept.

The KOH course this year is going to be two 60 mile laps, which is better for spectators, and better for the organizers and BLM. Some changes must be made after the CA 200 accident. There will be two pit locations, so staffing the pits will be a little easier.

Congrats!! Thats awesome you guys made the LCQ.

I am going up this year, and planning to stay up there from Wed-Friday, looking forward to it!!

I'm also hoping to be there! It'll be interesting to see how they control the crowd. The KOH crowd is by far the worst crowd as far as being in the way.

Shot guns with pepper balls?

Back