• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just replaced Heater Core, now my blower motor doesn't work

ColdSmoke

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of replacing the heater core ('98 XJ, I6, auto), now my blower motor doesn't work, The original blower shorted and is no longer good, I bought a new motor, installed and after a quick test there was no air movement so I took it back out. I plugged everything back into where it came from when I was putting the dash back together. I'm at a loss, anyone have any suggestions? Every other function of the truck is working as far as I can tell.

It worked prior to the heater core swap, thoughts on changing the resistor or the control panel? Thanks in advance!
If it's the resistor (a good possibility if the blower motor shorted) it should still work on high. If it doesn't even work on high, you're going to have to start tracking down the problem by seeing if power is getting to the resistors, and from there to the motor. Make sure too that the new motor isn't just defective. Try running wires directly to it to make sure it works.

Back