• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IE Meet and Greet Sat. Nov. 13th

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I think it's time to put together another M&G for the Inland Empire. Saturday November 13th works good for me around 6:00 pm. I was thinking we could meet at the "Big Cheese" in Yucaipa. They have great food, a great bar, and UFC 122 is free on the Big Screens that night. I figured we should do this in Yucaipa because there seems to be a big influx in members recently in the Yucaipa, Mentone, Redlands, Beaumont area. This is a 4 day weekend for me so I will definately be doing a trail run in the morning if anyone wants to join. I havn't done deep creek or cougar buttes in a while so I may do one of them but I'm open for pretty much anything.

CRAP!!! How do I keep forgetting that. Well, I'm still gonna go wheelin in the morning and watch the fight that night. I have had those plans for a while. Let's not call this thing a M&G. Let's shrink it down and keep it informal. If your local and want to meet me for pizza, beer, and fighting then feel free. If your plans were to go to goatfest then go and have a blast. If nobody shows to Big Cheese I will still be there with a couple buddies having a good time, so no worries either way.

What if we just up it to Wednesday or Thursday night? That would be the 10th or 11th. There would be no UFC fight but still good pizza and beer and there should be a couple NBA games on. Thursday night will be a Laker game.

i'm game either way i'll see if there is a way we can get a spot saved for us

Big meet and greet in the desert that night........and dinner is on me.

:D

Big meet and greet in the desert that night........and dinner is on me.

:D

Did I miss that thread? Which night, Wed. Thur. or Sat.?

Goatman I never heard back from you. What night was the high desert M&G?

He was talking about goatfest.

Gotcha. I REALLY suck at subtle hints. I need things more direct to sink in. I understand goatfest is that weekend but does it start earlier then that? I think a local M&G on Thursday would be perfect. We could promote Goatfest and get some carpools set up for guys who want to come but don't have a functional rig right now. I think some new people who are on the fence about Goatfest might be more willing to come if they were able to meet some people and put faces to avitars.

In the past its been pretty hard to get good turnouts for meets so close to big events. I'm not saying its a bad idea but people seem to focus on the event more than being social. Hell its hard to get people to show up to semi monthly meet and greets.
A number of people seem to be going to goatfest Thursday evening Most won't show till Saturday.

Considering this thread has been out for a week and only one person showed any interest in coming then it would seem the answer is obvious. We will just postpone an IE M&G until after Goatfest. I really want a better turn out then 2 guys. If we wait long enough we can turn it into a snow run during the day. I will try this thing again in a few weeks.

i agree with cashless....
brad - i say lets just do it.. and if all else fails we had a night out ...

Would you guys want to do Thursday or Saturday? I'm free both nights. If we go with Thursday night, then I don't have to get any heat for competing with Goatfest. It will also be WAY easier to get seats on Thursday night. I went to a UFC fight night a while back and they were packed. They also charge a cover fee of $10 on fight night if you sit in the bar. If we go with Thursday, we need to have one of the moderators (or whatever their called) change the title.

Back