• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd i know: how do i make it run hotter?

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
1990 wagoneer, 4.0 auto

so the jeep i recently purchsed has a 180* tstat. all new radiator, hoses, and vacuum lines. the jeeps ac works well, and the heat gets WARM but not HOT, the temp guage never gets over the 180 mark. I know this is usually a good thing as compared to constantly overheating, but as winter approaches, id like the jeep to blow hot air out the vents.....

options? thanks

the coolant is ~4 months old, and full.

x2. my thermostat has been acting up and mine wont warm up past the 155 mark on the highway. my mileage and power have suffered. and your heater should still be hot. i would give the heater core a good flush and just bypass the heater control valve.

ya its still hot-ish. i mean its hot, just not as hot as im used to. but ive never had a jeep with this low of a tstat

x2. my thermostat has been acting up and mine wont warm up past the 155 mark on the highway. my mileage and power have suffered. and your heater should still be hot. i would give the heater core a good flush and just bypass the heater control valve.

I'm always in favor of dumping that heater control valve. Darn things tend to stick closed after being in that position all summer. They're not necessary and very prone to failure resulting in rapid coolant loss, never at a convenient time.

You could flush the heater core during the valve removal process while you're at it.

I'm always in favor of dumping that heater control valve. Darn things tend to stick closed after being in that position all summer. They're not necessary and very prone to failure resulting in rapid coolant loss, never at a convenient time.

You could flush the heater core during the valve removal process while you're at it.

yeah i need to remove mine. i think its partially open, i get warm air from the heater. and i cant move the tab on the valve by hand either.

Back