• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Agressive A/T tire for under $150/tire?

Mudshack

NAXJA Forum User
Have you guys found any good (decent treadlife, wet traction, and mud traction) A/T tires that cost under $150/tire out the door for 31x10.5x15's?

Wrangler Duratracs are still running at least $780 for a set and have been quoted up to $862.51 installed.

Walmart's Wrangler Authority tires are running $718 out the door.

Am I dreaming when I am setting my budget to $600 for 31" tires?

bout a year ago i got 33 1250 15 kumho all terrains for 625 out the door at some little ghetto shop near me. also pepboys i was able to get 33 1250 15s of their brand dakota definity tires for 650, look kinda like bfg at tread. i know those will all be cheaper in the 31" flavor

one of the best AT tires I had in the past were the bridgestone dueler revo's and I never had a complaint about them and people I know that have them have always liked them as well
I think for a 31 youd be looking at about 150-160 a tire and its well worth it they are great tires in my opinion

Check out the Treadwright GuardDogs. They have the Goodyear MTR pattern and are solid. Just wheeled them on the rocks at Rausch Creek this weekend. I had them aired down to about 18 PSI and they were amazing. $89 bucks a tire.

Check out the Treadwright GuardDogs. They have the Goodyear MTR pattern and are solid. Just wheeled them on the rocks at Rausch Creek this weekend. I had them aired down to about 18 PSI and they were amazing. $89 bucks a tire.

X2 Those are some sweet tires man! Thanks for cleaning up the trash too BTW.

Definitely check out Treadwright tires. I'm currently running the guard dogs as well back and forth to college which is about a 2 hour drive @70mph and they are amazing. Have about 4000 miles on them thus far and show very little signs of wear. They do howl a bit but nothing the radio can't fix.

If your looking for an AT go with their BFG at lookalike....if they are even half as good as the guard dogs are, you really can't go wrong for the price.

Treadwright is backordered on everything. Guess you guys have spread the word well. I would like the agressive AT to have wiping since it is my wife's DE. I am going ro look into the other sites.

My vote is got to walmart and grab some Goodyear Wrangler Authority's, there are about $130 a piece and are some awesome tires.

23wwsba.jpg

in that price they include mounting, balencing and new air stems
mount yourself
bb balance
new stems they will hand you if you walk up to the bays and ask for em
they charge you to tosee your tires
and they usually sell at a 40-50% mark up, most tire shops are in the 50-60% range in markup, just demand a better price, go back and forth with quotes.
ive never paid over 650 for NEW 35x12.5r15 MUD terrains. thats tax and all.

retail prices are a joke, demand better

and they usually sell at a 40-50% mark up, most tire shops are in the 50-60% range in markup, just demand a better price, go back and forth with quotes.

This used to be the case but not so much anymore. With the price of rubber going up and up and the supply problems that have plagued the tire industry the last couple of years they have slowly been marking them up less and less in order to keep people happy.

I have a very good friend who owns a tire shop. This is straight from his mouth.

What used to be a 50% mark up is down to around 20% or even less.

I ran the General Grabber AT2's when they first came out. At that time they were $100-$115 a tire for the size you are asking for. They stood up on the road very well and even did pretty good offroad.

This used to be the case but not so much anymore. With the price of rubber going up and up and the supply problems that have plagued the tire industry the last couple of years they have slowly been marking them up less and less in order to keep people happy.

I have a very good friend who owns a tire shop. This is straight from his mouth.

What used to be a 50% mark up is down to around 20% or even less.
interesting, im in the tire biz a bit, and on average i see about a 45-50% markup :dunno:

may depend on your areas economic state...

the shop that lets me mount and balance my tires when i need it marks their tires up maybe 20 bucks over costs. by the time they add led, valve stems, a little bead sealer, and pay to have them hauled away, they have pretty much broke even. but then again this is a repair shop, not an tire shop. most of their business comes from repairs and if they notice something wrong about a tire(s) they arent trying to nickel and dime the customer. but from what ive seen their prices are right on par with MSRP. :dunno:

last time i looked 33x10.50 BFGs were $160 to my door. i payed $600 mounted and balanced for 4 31x10.50s 3 or 4 years ago. :dunno: are they not aggressive enough? check treadwright.com if you dont mind running retreads.

i managed to score 4 big O bigfoot XTs for $125 in really good condition. 33x12.50. pretty aggressive and supposed to have a good snow rating. we will see this winter. keep an eye on craigslist.

Back