• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tracbar problems

SeeJay

NAXJA Forum User
So what should have been a 30 minute install going from the factory bar to the IRO double shear setup is proving to be a PITA. As soon as I removed the factory tracbar the the body of the Jeep decided it did not want to stay centered over the front axle. The body shifted to the passenger side about 6 inches, I have tried to jack up the body/axle/etc to re center the axle under the Jeep but with no luck.

Anyone else ever have this problem? Anybody have a solution or idea worth trying?

Thanks.

I had the same problem.

I ended up getting a longer piece of tube/pipe/a 2x4 for leverage and pried the pass side back over to the driver side.
you can also use a cargo strap to pull things back to normal too.

hope that helps

You can turn the steering wheel to center the axle back up. It's a two man job. Have someone in the drivers seat slightly turning the wheel while you align the tracbar.

Alright I will give those things a try, is it normal for the body to move that much?

The body of the jeep is nearly shifted 6 inches to the passenger side with the passenger side front tire completely in the wheel well and the driver side tire completely out of the wheel well.

Yes its normal. Mine doesn't shift quite that much when I replace bushings but you normally have to "steer it back to center."

By the way you'll want to turn the steering wheel to the right to push the body back towards the driver side.

You can turn the steering wheel to center the axle back up. It's a two man job. Have someone in the drivers seat slightly turning the wheel while you align the tracbar.

Ding Ding.... a winner!

Kind of off topic but I finished the bar install and the axle is perfectly centered....well within an 1/8th of an inch. The Jeep still seems to lean slightly to the passenger side? I figured the adjustable tracbar would have cured this but I guess not, anybody have this problem?

Back