• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower Control Arms for my Jeep

Zapthepunctual

NAXJA Forum User
I lifted my jeep a couple of weeks ago and have been running around with my alignment done half-assed (i.e. I have my toe-in done but have not made adjustments to my caster. This is the first time I have done my own alignment and aside from a little wobble, I think I did ok. Having said that, accompanying the lift, I am rubbing a minor amount on the fender flare. If I add shims to adjust caster, it may help my rubbing, anyway, on to my question, how much in the way of a shim would be needed to correct the caster on a 4.5 in JY lift? Would I be better served going with adjustable lowers? In that vein, if I get lowers should I just go ahead and get uppers as well?

Sorry to ramble, I just wanted some opinions. Bear in mind that this jeep is my daily driver and is only used for mild off-roading.:looser:

lift height is 4.5", but what components? do you have new arms already? if so, which ones? stock arms will not suffice at that height. if your going to fork out the money for quality adjustable uppers and lowers you (IMO) might as well get a long arm kit for only $300+/- more now and not worry about it again. your ride will be better on and offroad. if you find a good deal on arms though, go for it. personally i dont think new arms and adjusting caster will alleviate the rubbing on the fenders unless your axel is being pulled all the way back to the rear of the wheel well by stock arms that are too short. a professional alignment sounds like it is in order.

personally... i wouldnt put a JY lift on a DD. but hope you get it figured out.

The upper arms will be fine at 4.5" of lift, and adjustable lowers will allow you to push the axle forward to correct the caster and fix the rubbing if it is in the rear section of the flares. Ironman4x4fab has some nice adjustables for a very good price,

Yeah i was looking at those, 191.50 shipped is hard to pass up. I was thinking, of using shims to correct caster and shift the axle forward, and using WJ LCA's but I am probably just better served by getting adjustable lowers... On the Iron man Offroad parts, is the angled section to help with the need for drop brackets on lifts over 3"?

Back