• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift advice?

gearhead231

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

So Im a YJ guy. I have a 93 Wrangler with a 4" lift ect.

Im looking to buy an xj and was wondering what the best lift is?

Im looking for something that is cost-effective. Im a college student and have almost no money.

What kinda lift should I get?

None. Go buy some new underwear before you spend all your money! Eating Ramen all the time sucks too. Get a bike and a good lock and get back to studying.

Seriously, do some searching and set aside money for what you think you want, double the money for that lift kit, and settle on 4", fender trim, and 33's.

Not to be a pain, but it really depends on what you wanna do, and how much is "almost no" money. Theres lots of threads on here about JY builds, budget builds that use some JY parts, and the good & bad of just about every kit you can buy.

Just dont do blocks. Spacers on the front, sure, but blocks in the rear are just dumb.

A cheap cost effective build...

As stated there are numerous threads but to give you an idea...

Rear lift: Bastard pack (S10, Dakota leafs + XJ leafs + MJ shackle = 3-4.5" lift roughly)
*Should cost you about $50+ in parts
Front: GC front coils, (I believe from the V8s,slightly softer than the F150 coils) + spacer or just buy bigger used coils from a NAXJA looker or Craigslist
*Should net you close to 3-4.5" and cost $100+ give or take depending where you source your parts

Shocks: JK stock shocks (black ones) are good for about 3" lift or so, needs slight modification to make em' work on a Cherokee.
*Bought mine on eBay for $50 shipped w/50miles on them.
Probably need an adjustable trac-bar depending on the size lift. Figure about $160 for a Rubicon Express 1600

But it all depends on what you want to do with your XJ... is it gonna be a DD/weekend warrior? If so... you'd probably be fine with a 3" lift. Still look good and wheel lots of places.

Different strokes for different folks.

You know, I just noticed that he hasn't actually bought the XJ yet. So I think I'd have to say the best, most cost-effective lift to get is one that is already installed.

You know, I just noticed that he hasn't actually bought the XJ yet. So I think I'd have to say the best, most cost-effective lift to get is one that is already installed.

:wstupid: haha. but yeah. i agree

I just wanted to use an icon thing and that one kinda worked haha

Back