• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough idle after idleing for a while

wheelinscott

NAXJA Forum User
93 country 4.0l, aw4, np231, d30, 8.25 216,xxx

so if im driving in traffic or idleing for a while, my jeep starts to run rough and when i get on the gas it wants to backfire and not run. after i get to speed it runs fine after that. ive been plagued with fuel problems a few months ago but thats fixed (new pump, filter, balllast resistor)

if im just running around town and i dont have to idle for a while its just fine.

any ideas?? tia

SeaFoam Deep Creep in the intake + a can of Seafoam in the tank. Check the voltage of the O2 sensors. How old is your battery? How good is your ground? Are you feeding her yucky gas? Are you not wheeling her enough?

Ah-ha! Mild XJ offroad withdrawal!

put sea foam in the tank a while ago ill do the intake, ill grab a 02 sensor, the one i have is a few years old

If this continues, verifying your actual fuel pressure with a gauge at the schrader valve on the fuel rail would be a good idea.

Backfiring (depending on where it originates) can be indicative of a lean or sometimes a rich fuel/air condition.

Back