• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaking near top of windshield

acannell

NAXJA Forum User
89 cherokee

last season was wateright

this season, after even a little rain (not sprinkles at least, needs some rain) get little drops of water falling from in front of the passenger visor, headliner gets a little wet in that area

i dont see any holes on the outside of the roof, so im guessing something rusted through underneath the chrome trim that surrounds the windshield on the outside.

anyone else deal with this? seems like it would be simply to pop off the chrome trim and check..but if anyone else has done this id like to know how it went

**as usual, after i post this the "similar threads" shows lots of windshield leaking threads. i swear i searched for windshield, leaks, etc.. before i posted...but none of those posts came up in my searches!

Yup I had to deal with this on my 97. I pulled the trim off and saw multiple rust spots so we pulled the windshield which was the only option to clean those areas up. Ended up cleaning up about 5 pen-tip sized holes and filled em with JB weld. We cracked the windsheild by accident just as we were pulling it off, so I had a new one installed. With the amount of rust I found I was glad I pulled the windshield and didn't just try to inject silicone or something instead

molding2-1.jpg

rust4-1.jpg

Cleaned up and repainted
windshieldpaint6-Copy.jpg

Back