• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drilling rims, what runs a 5x120mm?

katuah

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so I bought a set of 5-lug rims off a guy on a local offroad forum. I was in a hurry, didnt have the Jeep that day to test 'em on, so I just "eyeballed" the measurement with a ruler. (yeah, I know, stupid on my part, we all do it sometimes) Now I go to put 'em on and they are too big - but only by a very small amount.

They aren't 5s, they definitely aren't 5.5s. They are close to 4.75, but I think they would actually be 5x120mm. But when I search, the only things that come up using 5x120mm is a Camaro, and I can't see anybody running black d-ring offroading steelies on a Camaro.

What the heck vehicle did these come off?

And can I get a shop to drill 'em or should I just try to sell 'em and take the pain?

They aren't 5s, they definitely aren't 5.5s. They are close to 4.75, but I think they would actually be 5x120mm. But when I search, the only things that come up using 5x120mm is a Camaro, and I can't see anybody running black d-ring offroading steelies on a Camaro.

For some reason, I recall BMW as using a 5x120mm pattern at one point. Doubtful what you've got are from a Bimmer, though.

Got any photos? That may be helpful.

S-10 blazers, trucks, etc. are 5x4.75, might be for something like that.

This may sound dumb are you measuring the bolt pattern correctly? It's not center-center like you would for an even number, it's center-outside edge.

S-10 blazers, trucks, etc. are 5x4.75, might be for something like that.

This may sound dumb are you measuring the bolt pattern correctly? It's not center-center like you would for an even number, it's center-outside edge.

Well, the way I'm measuring, my stock rims come up at 4.5" and these measure at not quite 4.75. My guess is they are 120mm, but I think they'd probably go on a 4.75.

So, drill or sell?

If they're just cheap steelies that I would resell them and buy another set.

I don't know much about machining wheels but I'm guessing it's not as simple as just drilling them, they would need to be set up on an indexing head and milled. Shop labor around here is around $80/hr plus tool setup charges, I'd guess it's gonna be a lot more money then its worth, not to mention a lot safer.

Last edited:
Called around and you are right. Guess I'm gonna sell 'em.

5x120mm would be Land Rover.

Are the holes retarded big, or half inch?

Back