• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pitman arm too short or am i just missing something

snail

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got my front end all together (5.5" RE longarm w/ 1.75" coil spacers, ZJ tierod) and got it on the ground, but my draglink is coming up about 2" short vertically from even contacting the RE supplied drop pitman arm. The RE trackbar isn't attached at the frame side yet, but does reach. Jacking up the axle doesn't help much. Plus the draglink at the pitman arm doesn't "hold up" the axle that much anyway at rideheight does it?

The rear is still on jackstands (rear axle isn't in yet), but I dont think that's keeping much weight off the front. I can't think of what I'd have to adjust to get more vertical height out of the draglink.

Any ideas? OTK or better is out of the question right now

Or am I just noobing the shiz out of the situation and need to attach the trackbar first to pull the axle up?

So you are trying to use stock steering (with a ZJ tierod) on a 7.5" lift?

i was curious why the fawk you have 7"+ lift?????

thats a lot of extra length needed to fit that, stock stuff aint gonna work so easily bud,

adjust the drag link, and take those spacers out while your at it bring her down a little bit

You said your tack bar isn't hooked up yet? If your axle isn't centered then there is no point working on the steering. It's all going to change when you move the axle anyway.

i was curious why the fawk you have 7"+ lift?????

So I can run 37" swampers. Do you think my Dana 35 can handle it? It's got ABS so I heard that makes it stronger..

J/K :gee: I got a good deal on the spacers, so I just threw them in. I'll just take em out and be done with it. Maybe look into Currie's setup though. Just out of curiousity, what kind of max height can that HD system run?

well a lot of jeepspeed guys run that kit. i can only assume that it can take some serious abuse and can resist extreme levels of suspension travel

Back